28 Dec Top Tips To Keep Your Smile In Shape
Most people indulge in cakes, candies, and cookies during the holiday season. The Valentine week again gives a reason to gorge on your favorite chocolates and cakes. However, once these celebrations are over, it is time to get back on track with your dental health. Here’s a look at some tips to keep your smile in shape in 2019:
Take Good Look at Your Dental Hygiene Routine
At this point, you are already familiar with brushing and flossing, but you must review your oral habits from time-to-time. But how you perform them is also important, says the dentist in Prescott.
- Brush all your teeth every time you brush.
- Hold the brush at 45 degree angle against the gum line.
- Brush from the base of the tooth up to the chewing surface.
- Use round strokes in front and back of the teeth.
- Use short sweeping strokes for the chewing surface.
- Brush the tongue and the roof of the mouth.
- Replace the toothbrush every few months.
Keep up With Your Regular Checkups
Visiting Pine View Family Dental in Prescott every 6 months for a checkup is a great way to keep teeth and gums healthy. It allows the dentist to check for any kind of potential dental issue. The session will consist of examinations performed by the doctor and the dental clean up where plaque and tartar will be removed from your teeth. If the plaque is not removed, it can damage your teeth and gums.
Healthier Foods for a Healthier Smile
According to Pine View Family Dental, the dentist near Prescott AZ, what we eat has an impact on our bodies. Here is a look at some healthy food items:
- Milk and dairy products help in keeping bones and teeth strong.
- Whole grain bread and pasta offers an abundance of nutrients to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Chicken, red meat, and fatty fish contain protein and phosphorous which strengthens and protects the enamel of your teeth.
- Fruits and vegetables offer magnesium, vitamin A, Vitamin C, beta carotene and calcium which improves oral health, says the dentist in 86305.