Preventive Dentistry in Prescott, AZ 86305
You’ve probably heard the saying, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” This is especially true in dentistry, where dental problems not only become more difficult to treat (and possibly more painful) as they progress, but more expensive as well. Fortunately, there are many easy and relatively inexpensive methods of detecting and preventing dental issues and keep them from getting too serious. You can very well avail services of a good preventive dentist in 86305 and keep yourself at bay from dangerous oral problems. Preventive dentistry encompasses all the procedures used to arrest tooth decay and other diseases in their earliest stages. The goal is to keep your mouth as healthy as possible in order to allow you to maintain your natural teeth for life.
There is a wide range of preventive dentistry procedures available, ranging from the most basic services that have been utilized for decades, to more recent technological innovations. Pineview Family Dental offers the best preventive dentistry near you with the finest preventive dentist near you. This well-known preventive dentist in Prescott offers the following services:
- Cleanings: one of the integral parts of maintaining a good oral hygiene routine, this is the opportunity to get disease-causing plaque and calculus (tartar) removed from tooth surfaces, especially hard-to-reach areas near the gum line.
- Dental Sealants: invisible plastic coatings that fill the tiny grooves in back teeth to prevent the accumulation of plaque and debris. This prevents bacteria from collecting there and potentially causing cavities.
- Fluoride: this naturally-occurring mineral, when incorporated into the teeth’s mineral structure, strengthens is and makes it more resistant to decay. Fluoride can even reverse cavities that have begun to form. For an added level of protection for your teeth, it can be applied directly to your teeth in our office.Laser decay diagnosis: lasers can be used to detect early tooth decay quickly and easily
- Mouth guards: absorb and distribute forces of impact to minimize traumatic injury to both the hard and soft tissues of the mouth
- Oral cancer screenings: a routine part of every regular dental exam, this checks for signs of oral cancer in both smokers and nonsmokers; early detection and treatment offers the best chance of surviving oral cancer.
- Salivary diagnostics: a new development in the field of preventive dentistry; a saliva test can be used to detect the presence of certain diseases.
- X-rays: used to reveal signs of disease that are not visible to the naked eye. They have now become three-dimensional with CAT scans and are an indispensable tool for diagnosing tooth decay, gum disease, bone density, bone volume, and tumors.
Of course, in addition to these services for preventive dentistry in Prescott, AZ, the most important part of preserving oral health is you. Daily brushing and flossing go a long way for removing plaque and preventing dental diseases, as well as regular visits to the dentist for check-ups and cleanings.